Gettering and Defect Engineering in Semiconductor Technology 2013
Conference photographs now available. Click here to view.
22nd to 27th September 2013
Sheldonian Theatre and Clarendon Building, University of Oxford
Welcome to the website of the 15th GADEST Conference, which was held in Oxford, UK. The conference ran from the morning of Sunday 22nd September 2013 to the lunchtime on Friday 27th September 2013. The conference was based in the historic venue of St John's College, Oxford, with talks, poster sessions, meals and accommodation all on a single site.
The GADEST conference series was established in 1985 by Hans Richter as a meeting of experts in the field of semiconductor technology, semiconductor devices and semiconductor defect physics. Remarkably, from the beginning the conference was international with participants from both eastern and western Europe and from industry and academia. The conference has been held biennially ever since. This 15th conference was the first in the UK, following very successful conferences in Austria, Germany, Italy, France, Sweden and Belgium.
The main topics for discussion at the Oxford conference are listed in detail here. They include both fundamental and technological aspects of defects in semiconductor materials and devices, including photovoltaics. We had about 120 participants from academia and industry. The Oxford followed the usual GADEST format, with a single session of talks (some invited, some contributed), and several evening poster sessions. Proceedings were produced in time for distribution at the conference.
The key dates for potential participants were:
- The abstract submission deadline was 17th February 2013. We are now only able to consider a small number of late abstracts for poster presentation only.
- Acceptance e-mails were sent out by 1st April 2013. If you have not heard from us please contact us as soon as possible.
- Registration is now open.
- The deadline for discounted registration was 31st May 2013, so has now passed.
- The final deadline for paper submission was 29th June 2013, so has now passed.
- The deadline for final registration was 13th September 2013.
If you attended the conference we hope you enjoyed it!
John Murphy and Peter Wilshaw
Co-chairmen, GADEST XV